Compositing artist seamlessly integrates all the layers or elements of a shot, including live-action and computer graphic elements. Compositors work closely with Compositing Supervisor to composite the numerous elements that complete a visual effects shot.
- Integrate 3D or 2D elements seamlessy with all layers of a shot.
- Ensure that the shots meet the required visual quality standards of our company.
- Work with compositing supervisor and relevant departments in relation to compositing.
- Keep the schedule and production quotas given by the Coordinator.
- Organize work and prepare elements presentation for validations.
- Communicate and seek information if necessary.
- Maintain a good relationship and a good team dynamics.
SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Knowledge and ability to use the tools that produce Digital Composites such as Fusion or Nuke and Photoshop.
- Knowledge of good composition and artistic timing.
- Experience with traditional/2D animation is a plus.
- Eye for colour, lighting, attention to detail and composition.
- Able to multitask and manage time efficiently.
- Able to take direction, collaborate, and be a team player. Good problem solving skills is a must.
The Animation Lead works closely with the Directors and the Animation Supervisor to facilitate the team’s creation of high quality character animation that meets the creative and technical needs of the project.
- Work with the Directors and Animation Supervisor to help define the acting requirements on both a sequence and shot basis.
- Collaborate with their team to ensure the creative goals of the Directors and Animation Supervisor are met.
- Interact with Rigging to ensure the performance requirements of the character work with the rig and tools.
- Work with the Animation Supervisor and Animation Coordinator to help the team hit deadlines and ensure the quotas are met for both shots and sequences.
- Work with the Animation Supervisor and Animation Coordinator on casting shots/assignments to their teams.
- Mentor and lead their team by example by providing them with guidance and instruction to help in their artistic and professional improvement.
- Help with recruiting and participate in interviews, and ensure that animation new hires are provided the necessary training and assistance.
- Participate in animation reviews and meetings as required.
- Track continuity issues within the sequences and between artists.
SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Minimum of 7+ years professional animation experience working with Maya
- Ability to interpret a storyboard.
- Ability to work collaboratively, taking direction and feedback from the Directors and Animation Supervisor effectively.
- Experience creating expressive hand and facial animation in a production environment
- Solid understanding of traditional animation principles
- Able to communicate creative and technical thoughts and ideas
- Team player
- Task driven, self–motivated and proactive
- Ability to problem solve and trouble shoot technically
- Experience with rigging a plus
- Ability to help deliver the highest quality animation feasible within the production parameters and consistently meet departmental production quota requirements
The VFX TD is responsible for designing and producing high quality animation and simulations of all manner of effects. The ideal candidate is an excellent problem solver with strong and varying technical knowledge, and a solid understanding of the effects production pipeline. The VFX TD will be involved with building and utilizing digital assets, rigs, and tools for shot production. Team work is key in the support of the department.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work with Supervisors and FX Leads to determine the FX needs of the project
- Work with Art, Animation, Texturing, Modeling, and Rigging Departments to develop various FX and assets
- Create particle, rigid body dynamics, volume fluids and liquids
- Collaborate with Lighting & Compositing to ensure shots are delivered and meet requirements
- Responsible for the development of effects and incorporating them into the pipeline
- Work closely with other departments in development of tools and scripts to be integrated into the pipeline
- Create tools/scripts in support of VFX artists
SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS:
- Knowledge of Maya and production experience
- Understanding of the compositing process using Fusion
- Understanding of natural phenomena and physical dynamics
- Knowledge of scripting in MEL, Python, C/C++
- Knowledge of good composition and artistic timing. Experience with traditional/2D animation is a plus
- Experience with cloth, fur & hair and crowds is a plus
- Able to multitask and manage time efficiently
- Able to take direction, collaborate, and be a team player. Good problem solving skills is a must